We’ve all been there, a home or hotel that smells incredible everywhere you go & you wonder “where is this fragrance coming from?”. The answer is reed diffusers.
Believe it or not, the scent of your home is an important aspect of your overall well-being both physically and mentally. Scents trigger power changes in our brains that prompt very different responses based on fragrances in your home.
Now there are many ways to spread natural fragrances around your home including scented soy candles, sprays, incense and another popular option are reed diffusers which can be used in various locations around your home with a variety of different scents.
Ok, so what is a reed diffuser exactly?
Reed diffusers are made of three main parts:
- A small container usually consisting of a small jar, bottle or bowl usually made of glass
- A set of wooden reeds or sticks, typically numbering around seven.
- The magic touch: The essential oil itself.
The Essential oil goes inside the bottle and the reeds or sticks extend above the top of the bottle and into the open air.
Aromatherapy has been around for thousands of years believe it or not, but it wasn’t until the middle ages that physicians and scientists discovered the process of distilling liquids which allowed us to harvest natural oils out of plants.
Benefits of Essential oils in reed diffusers
Essential oils provide many benefits based on the scent and unlike manufactured air fresheners they come without the risk of unnatural chemicals and ingredients.
When you invest in reputable, high-quality, natural essential oils you do not have to worry about harmful chemicals in your home. In addition some oils have health benefits like: tension and stress reduction, better sleep and overall zen.
Reed Diffuser Care:
- To get the most fragrance diffusion, always flip your reed sticks every couple of days. Enjoy an immediate burst of fragrance and consistency in the strength of the fragrance smell.
- Flipping your reed sticks every couple of days also prevents dust buildup on the exposed reed sticks. Dust can sometimes clod the porous reed sticks so don’t forget to flip!
- Location, location, location! Place your reed diffuser in a strategic location in your home or office to maximize the reach of the fragrance. Reed diffusers are concentrated pockets of fragrance, almost like a bouquet of flowers, so make sure to place them in high traffic areas.
- Always ensure to place your reed diffuser on a stable surface where it cannot be knocked over.
There you have it! Now go get yourself 3-4 new diffuser scents to try out in your home or office and let us know how it goes!
If you enjoyed this blog, make sure to subscribe for more “Scent-ual” hacks in candle care.
Have a topic you would like covered? Just want to say hi? Drop us a line at email@example.com we love hearing from you!